PE Funding and Expenditure
The government provide money for each pupil in our school for the provision of PE and sport. This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on PE and sporting activities.
Purpose of funding
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses for the funding might include:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers when teaching PE
- Supporting and engaging the least active children through new or additional Change4Life clubs
- Paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE and sport
- Running sport competitions, or increasing pupils’ participation in the School Games
- Buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE and sport
- Providing places for pupils at after-school sports clubs
- Pooling the additional funding with that of other local schools.
PE expenditure at East Farleigh
- Targeted lunchtime activities for groups of pupils with support provided by external sports coaches
- Qualified sports coaches employed one day per week to work with class teachers developing skills and taking lessons
- Targeted after school clubs – paid for
- Subsidy of quality swimming provision
- Subsidy for outdoor and adventurous activities for groups year 6, 5 and year R
For our report on PE expenditure please for 2016 – 2017 please Click Here